Shipping & Returns Policy
A note from CBS...
When dealing with CBS we firmly believe that every customer should have the best parts shopping experience. We make this happen by offering free shipping, low prices, same day order processing, free blogs, technical info, live chats, etc
Kyle & Malcolm work long and late hours to make sure everyone gets there parts on time and as ordered. Not to mention working on new business ideas to help the British motorcycle community.
Below is our company return policy. We recommend that you read the policy and understand how CBS works... We respect our customers needs but we also would like the same from you (the customer) to respect and fully understand our company shipping and return policy and decisions that we make. If you have a question about our policy feel free to contact us at anytime.
- If you are not satisfied with your item you have 14 days to return it as in the state it was received. A 20% restocking fee may be applied. The purchaser will pay for the return shipping, of course if it was our mistake, we will cover the return shipping and waive the restocking fee.
- We do not accept returns on "new old stock" items, carburetors, electrical parts, lubricants & used parts unless the parts where sent defective. Apparel must be in 100% new condition and unworn to be eligible for a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
- Please include your order number and first / last name in the return. There is no need for a RMA # - just send the item back with your first and last name assuming your return meets our requirements.
Please understand that CBS is "human" and often times we do make mistakes. However, when we do make a mistake please give us the opportunity "fix" the problem as a professional business should before stating an opinion.
Classic British Spares, Inc (ATTN: Returns)
12623 West Ave C10
Lancaster, California 93536
Return Shipping Expense
- If an item was sent to you and it was damaged or not the correct item you ordered you may return it or exchange the item. We will cover the return shipping expense only if it was our mistake.
- When an item is being returned and we have agreed to pay the return shipping, please ship the item back the most affordable way. For example, do not send $5 part back using a shipping service that costs $40.. We will not cover that or be held liable to pay that enormous shipping cost.
- Typically we will refund you the shipping costs by refunding you money back into your paypal account or debit or credit card that was used to complete the transaction.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
- Some banks allow up to 5 business days to process the refund. Please be patient during this period should you experience this delay.
- If you would like to exchange your item, first send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Once we have been notified, you can send your item to the address as listed above. Exchanges must be within a 14-day period of when the item was originally purchased.
- USPS First Class Mail Domestic, Media Mail, First Class Mail International & UPS services will not include insurance. Priority Mail when shipped Domestically & Internationally may have insurance up to $50. If you would like to add insurance (recommended) on your behalf or pay for additional insurance to suit your order, please contact us immediately.
- If the tracking information for your package shows receipt by any of Classic British Spare's mail carriers, we are not responsible if your package never arrives at your location unless it is insured on your behalf through us. No refunds will be provided if your package is lost in the mail system either in the USA or in your destination country. Almost all packages sent by Classic British Spares reach their recipient. Claims must be opened on your behalf through the shipping carrier. We are more then happy to provide assistance.
- Please note that USPS & UPS Expected Delivery Dates is only an estimate and not a guarantee. For example, if your order is being shipped USPS Priority mail 2-day, please keep in mind that the "2-day" is only an estimate. These are USPS rules and regulations. Classic British Spares should not be held liable should this happen to your order. If you want an order with a guaranteed delivery date, choose USPS or UPS Express Mail service.
- International orders, we are not liable if your order is subject to a "customs fee" or "duty fee" upon delivery from your country. As an importer, you take full responsibility of all fee's. Not all international orders will be subject to a fee, check with your local post office for questions and concerns.
"Combined" Shipping - International
- Due to the spike of high level fraudulent orders coming from international country's we do not offer combined shipping when a customer places multiple or separate orders and asks to combine them into one order. However, if you place 1 order with 10 items for example, we will ship the order together. In other words, we will ship your order how you placed it on our website - no exceptions.
- The CBS website is designed in such a way that multiple separate orders can be avoided by using our "add to cart" feature and paying for your entire order all at once. Using this feature will save you time and money from unnecessary shipping costs.
"Combined" Shipping - Domestic
- For customers in the United States, we do offer combined shipping when multiple orders are placed unlike our international policy.
- Orders that are placed with a shipping address located in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and Alaska) will be eligible for our Free Shipping rule.
- We will choose the best shipping carrier for orders that meet the Free Shipping rule either through UPS, FedEx or USPS. We reserve this right.
- Orders that meet the new Free Shipping rule will not be insured unless otherwise noted. It is the customers option to have insurance added to the order. If you would like to add insurance, please inform us before the order is shipped and we will arrange payment.
- We do offer exchanges on Pacto Helmets (if we have the size and color in-stock only). The helmet must be in the same condition in which it was sent to you. 100% new and never worn.
- Pacto Helmets when shipped domestically and internationally will be fully insured and covered.
- Pacto Helmets do not meet DOT and modern motorcycle safety standards and should be used for displaying purpose only.
Amal / Wassell Carburetors
- All Amal & Wassell carburetors can be jetted for your application at no extra charge. This only includes main jets, pilot jets and needle jets. This does not include throttle slides, throttle needles, caps, bowls, or any other carburetor component. Should you need to have your carb jetted please let us know before you pay using our notes section for buyers at checkout.
- Here at Classic British Spares we try to add as much information, pictures and details into all of our products descriptions. As a buyer, it is your responsibility to review all photos and read the listings fully. Since we are dealing with 40+ year old motorcycles, we do not guarantee and we are not liable that each item will fit your motorcycle as stated in the listing as parts on your motorcycle over the years may have been changed with incorrect parts.
- The parts we sell will fit your motorcycle assuming you have the correct parts installed for that specific year and model. We add thread forms, measurements, finishes, part numbers and extra details to help you choose the part you need. It's your responsibility to refer to your motorcycle, product details and parts book to ensure that the part you purchased will work for your application.
- Orders that are placed over the phone that have a total value of $25 (USD) or less will be subject to a shipping and handling fee of $7 (USD) - no exceptions. We are sorry to announce this inconvenience. However, orders placed online will not be subject to any type of fee.